Given the choice between a box of molten-cherry chocolates and a great long laugh, most of us would choose the laugh. Though there’s no need to choose! Mothers deserve it all. When deciding what to give the person who 1) brought you into this world, or 2) brought your children into this world, a hug, some flowers, a thoughtful card, or a sweet gift are all good calls. But on this day of special recognition for Moms — which should really be every day — you also can’t go wrong with genuinely funny Mother’s Day jokes that will keep her laughing from dawn till dusk.
So, don’t back down on the love or appreciation of mothers. But do double down on making Mama laugh. These Mother’s Day jokes are an ode to mothers. Many of them beautifully highlight maternal influences in the most unprecedented situations. If you need a quick joke to cheer up Mom, these are great. If you want something breezy or a little cheesy to write in a Mother’s Day card, these Mother’s Day jokes are a good place to start.
Mother’s Day Animal Jokes
- Q: Why did the mommy cat want to go bowling on Mother’s Day? / A: She was an alley cat.
- Q: What did the momma say to the foal? / A: It’s pasture bedtime
- Q: How did the Panda open her Mother’s Day card? / A: With her bear hands.
- Q: How do you keep little cows quiet, so their mommy can sleep late? / A: Use the moooooote button.
- Q: What did the mommy spider say to the Baby spider? / A: You spend too much time on the web.
Funny Mother’s Day Food Jokes
- Q: Why did the mother’s day gift arrive the day after Mother’s Day? / A: It was chocoLATE.
- Q: Why did the cookie cry? / A: Because his mother was a wafer so long!
- Q: Why did the baby strawberry cry? / A: Because his mom was in a jam!
- Q: What warm drink helps mom relax on Mother’s Day? / A: Calm-omile tea.
- Q: What kind of candy do moms love for Mother’s Day? / A: Her-she’s Kisses.
- Q: What did the mother tomato say to the baby tomato? / A: Catch Up
Mother’s Day Flower Jokes
- Q: How do you get the kids to be quiet on Mother’s Day morning? / A: Say mums the word.
- Q: Who do flowers celebrate on Mother’s Day? / A: Their chrysanthemums.
- Q: What color flowers do mama cats like to get? / A: Purrrrrrrple flowers.
- Q: When are lotuses, tulips and roses red? / A: When your garden is on fire.
- Q: What did the tree tell her son before a big game? / A: I’m rooting for you.
- Q: Why should you never buy flowers from a monk? / A: Because only you can prevent florist friars.
Funny Mother’s Day Word Play Jokes
- Q: Why is a computer so smart? / A: It listens to its motherboard.
- Q: What did the mother rope say to her child? / A: “Don’t be knotty.”
- Q: What did the digital clock say to its mother? / A: “Look, Ma! No hands!
- Q: What do you call a mom who can’t draw? / A: Tracy.
- Q: What did the mother broom say to the baby broom? / A: It’s time to go to sweep.
- Q: Why is Mother’s Day before Father’s Day? / A: So the kids can spend all their Christmas money on Mom.
- Q: What do you call a small mother? / A: A Minimum
- Q: What did the Egyptian kid say when it got lost? / A: I want my mummy.
- Q: Why don’t mothers wear watches? / A: There’s a clock on the stove.