Fatherhood has changed pretty radically over the decades, but one thing remains constant: the dad joke. Dad jokes are more than funny jokes that happen to be told by dads. Dad jokes intersect with all different kinds of dumb humor, but they share a mysterious but unmistakable quality: being equal parts cheesy and hilarious. For instance, a common feature of a great dad joke is a pun that’s so ridiculous it takes you a minute to figure out, leaving you laughing in disbelief. Dad jokes are fearlessly corny, sure, but that doesn’t mean can’t be legitimately hilarious.
As many have discovered before us, the secret to the funniest dad jokes is not to try too hard to be funny. The admittedly fine line between dad jokes and bad jokes lies mostly in the confidence of the person telling them. It’s all about delivery — don’t sweat the inevitable silence between when the joke is told and when the audience realizes what corny joke or pun they just heard. Plus, whether the laughs arrive or not, a good clean joke never fails to lighten the mood, bring down everyone’s defenses, and encourage the audience not to take themselves so seriously. After all, a sense of humor is a parent’s best weapon. These clean and cheesy dad jokes about animals, science, and food, are sure to bring on the laughs, if not groans. Use them wisely.
Funny Dad Jokes About Science
- Q: Did you hear that I’m reading a book about anti-gravity?
A: It’s impossible to put down.
- Q: Which is faster, hot or cold?
A: Hot, because you can catch a cold.
- Q: What’s brown and sounds like a bell?
- Q: What did the Photon say when asked if she needed to check a bag?
A: No thanks, I’m traveling light!
- Q: How do you organize a space party?
A: You planet.
- Q: Did you know that milk is the fastest liquid on earth?
A: It’s pasteurized before you even see it.
- Q: What did one ocean say to the other ocean?
A: Nothing, they just waved.
- Q. Why did everyone enjoy being around the volcano?
A. It’s just so lava-ble.
- Q. What kind of music do the planets listen to?
- Q. What did the big flower say to the tiny flower?
A. Hey there bud!
- Q: Why are skeletons so calm?
A: Because nothing gets under their skin.
- Q. What did Mars ask Saturn?
A. Hey, can you give me a ring some time?
- Q: Why can’t you trust an atom?
A: Because they make up everything.
- Q. What do clouds do when they become rich?
A. They make it rain!
- Q: Why shouldn’t you make fun of a paleontologist?
A: Because you will get Jurasskicked.
- Q: Want to hear a Potassium joke?
- Q: Why are Helium, Curium, and Barium the medical elements?
A: Because if you can’t heal-ium or cure-ium, you bury-um.
- Q: What’s the fastest way to determine the sex of a chromosome?
A: Pull down his genes!
Funny Dad Jokes About Animals
- Q: Why can’t a leopard hide?
A: Because he’s always spotted.
- Q: What do you call an illegally parked frog?
- Q: How do moths swim?
A: Using the butterfly stroke.
- Q: How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh?
A: 10 tickles.
- Q: Do you know the story about the chicken that crossed the border?
A: Me neither, I couldn’t follow it.
- Q: What do you get from a pampered cow?
A: Spoiled milk!
- Q: Where do baby cats learn to swim?
A: The kitty pool.
- Q: Why are spiders so smart?
A: They can find everything on the web.
- Q: How can a leopard change his spots?
A: By moving.
- Q: What did the duck say when it bought chapstick?
A: Put it on my bill!
- Q: What does a cow use to do math?
A: A cow-culator
- Q: What would bears be without b’s?
- Q: What do you get if you cross an angry sheep with a moody cow?
A: An animal that’s in a baaaaaaaaad moooooooood.
- Q: Can a kangaroo jump higher than the empire state building?
A: Of course! Buildings can’t jump.
- Q: What did the Alpaca say to his date?
A: Want to go on a picnic? Alpaca lunch.
- Q: Why do seagulls fly over the sea?
A: If they flew over the bay they’d be called bagels.
Funny Dad Jokes About Technology
- Q: What does a baby computer call his father?
- Q: Did you hear about the power outlet who got into a fight with a power cord?
A: He thought he could socket to him.
- Q: Why did the computer have no money left?
A: Someone cleaned out its cache!
- Q: What’s a computer’s favorite snack?
- Q: Why was the robot so tired after his road trip?
A: He had a hard drive.
Funny Dad Jokes About Food
- Q: What do you call a fake noodle?
A: An impasta.
- Q: Why didn’t the melons get married?
A: Because they cantaloupe.
- Q: What did the baby corn ask mama corn?
A: Where’s my pop corn?
- Q: Why couldn’t the sesame seed get off the hill?
A: It was on a roll.
- Q: What kind of egg did the evil chicken lay?
A: A deviled egg.
- Q: Why did the onion get flustered?
A: It saw the salad dressing.
- Q: Why is the hot pepper the nosiest vegetable?
A: It can’t help but get Jalapéno space.
So-Bad-They’re-Good Dad Jokes
- Q: How do I look?
A: With your eyes.
- Q: How do you get a country girl’s attention?
A: A tractor.
- Q: What is the least spoken language in the world?
A: Sign language
- Q: Why is that cemetery so popular?
A: People are just dying to get in there!
- Q: What was the child who wouldn’t nap guilty of?
A: Resisting a rest!
Funny Dad Jokes About Movies and Pop Culture
- Q: How do you follow Will Smith in the snow?
A: You follow the fresh prints.
- Q: How do celebrities stay cool?
A: They have many fans.
- Q: What do you call it when Batman skips church?
A: Christian Bale.
- Q: What’s Forrest Gump’s Facebook password?
- Q: What’s the difference between a snowman and a snowwoman?
- Q: Did you hear about the man who fell into an upholstery machine?
A: He’s fully recovered.
- Q: Why did the coach go to the bank?
A: To get his quarter back.
- Q: If Iron Man and Silver Surfer teamed up, what would they be called?
- Q: Why does Snoop Dogg always carry an umbrella?
A: Fo’ Drizzle.
- Q: What did the fisherman say to the magician?
A: Pick a cod, any cod.