There comes a moment when a dad looks into his kid’s eyes and suddenly feels … an overwhelming desire to make bad puns. Yep. There must be some kind of #dadjoke gene that gets triggered at conception because no father is immune to this change. Not even a billionaire/rocket scientist/entrepreneur like Elon Musk.
Apparently, there is this thing called “Dad jokes” and I make themMust Reads
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 16, 2017
But sadly, while Mr. Musk admitted to making dad jokes, he left the Twitter world in complete darkness as to what they might be. Are they the standard, what-do-clouds-wear-under-their-clothes-type jokes? (Thunderpants, BTW.) Or are they something more disruptive and innovative?
For right now, all the world can do is speculate — kind of like people already do about most Musk projects. (How exactly will an anti-traffic tunnel be different than a subway?) So until Musk reveals the dad jokes that can go to space and land upright, here are a few inspired by the daddest inventor in modern times:
- How does AC/DC get to space? Rock it!
- What do you call it when Elon Musk’s kids run in circles after eating candy? A hyperloop!
- What do you take when you go to a rave on the international space station? SpaceX!
- What do Elon Musk’s Christmas Cards say? “Tesla Season To Be Jolly!”
- What does a new Tesla smell like? Elon’s Musk!
- Why did the kangaroo join Elon Musks space program? He wanted to be a Mars-supial.
- What do rock bands do when they play for Elon Musk in Nevada? Gigafactory!
- Why didn’t Musk’s kids stick around to watch him drill a hole? Because it was boring.
- What’s Elon Musk’s favorite meal of the day? Launch time.
- Why was the SpaceX rocket late for liftoff? Because it was Dragon.
- How does SpaceX pull together a mission to Mars? They have to plan it.
- Why did the astronaut break up with his girlfriend? He just needed space.
- A restaurant critic reviewed space. He said it was beautiful but lacked atmosphere
- What’s Elon Musk’s favorite Swedish pop band? Ace of Space.
- What was Elon Musk’s favorite book in high school? Tesla of the D’Urbervilles.
May the dad jokes be with you, Mr. Musk.