Selecting the perfect baby girl’s name can feel like a high-stakes parenting decision; there are so many thousands of beautiful girls’ names out there, but only one unique baby girl soon to be your daughter. How can you know which name is going to best suit her personality and best serve her interests over the years? Something very flowery and girly might be cute when she’s little, but not so much down the road. Pluck a baby name straight from pop culture or one that’s trending upward in popularity, and eventually, it will feel staler than three-week old sourdough. Then, there’s the question of what, if anything, you want to carry forward from your own family — will you choose a family name that says something about your roots, or will you break tradition and choose something more unusual?
While we can’t help you make those decisions, we can provide some great inspirational baby girls’ names. We’ve compiled a list of baby girl names that are unusual enough that your child won’t share them with every other classmate, but also not, like, Mufaletta, Paprika, or Chalice. We’ve also included 13 baby girls’ names you should consider avoiding because, hey, it’s important. Happy picking.
The 101 Baby Girl Names to Consider…
An Award-Winning Formula
Looking for a formula you can trust to support your baby? Enspire is Enfamil’s closest formula to breast milk ever. It has Lactoferrin and MFGM which have been associated with fewer digestive and respiratory issues.
13 Baby Girl Names to Avoid…
1. Alexa Avoid setting your child up for a lifetime of the popular Amazon device responding to their name.
2. North It was bad enough when Kim and Kanye did it.
3. Meghan A pretty name for sure, but soon to be everywhere, thanks to the formerly newest duchess.
4. Bertha Come on. Don’t be cruel.
5. Ursula It just sounds … villainous.
6. Blue Just because Beyoncé kind of pulled it off doesn’t mean just anyone can.
7. Olga Doesn’t exactly bring to mind a sweet little baby, now, does it.
8. Anous No further comment.
9. Facebook Yep. Someone did it. Don’t follow in their footsteps.
10. Hashtag #No #JustNo
11. Abcd We can only imagine what these parents were thinking.
12. Londyn If you love a place so much you’re going to name your kid after it, at least spell it right.
13. Merika While it could have been a fathomable name in another time and place, the introduction of this slang word into the American vocabulary makes this name intolerable.