Looking for all of the Best Baby Gear of the Year, from jogging strollers to baby carriers? Click here.
If you’re interested in a stroller that doubles as a modern art installation in your foyer, you found it. The Stokke Xplory may be sleek, trendy, and certain to get you noticed in the mall food court, but at $1,229, it doesn’t come cheap. What is does comes with, however, is an adjustable seat that online parents are raving about — along with these other features.
- So yes, it has a seat that you can raise and lower which, at least according to one parent on Amazon, comes in handy when eating at restaurants: “I have not needed a highchair since I’ve purchased this stroller.” Others talk about this stroller like it came from DaVinci’s workshop, saying it’s nothing short of an “engineering marvel.”
- According to Consumer Reports, it gets a thumbs up for excellent maneuverability, an adjustable handle, and one-touch brakes; not to mention you can use the storage basket as a carryall.
- Speaking of storage baskets, Parents digs the setup: “The built-on bag (instead of a basket) keeps your supplies from rattling around.”
- That storage basket-carryall is eye-catching but, unfortunately, it’s not very large. It’s also the only place to put anything.
- CR adds, “The Xplory is unnecessarily complicated to use; we still have to rely on the user’s manual anytime we need to operate it.”
- And that same Amazon reviewer from above adds, “It’s not a stroller you would want to make a quick trip to the supermarket.” Although, if you bought this model, the groceries probably come to you.
Capacity Limit: Up to 45 lbs, 42.5″
Wheel type: Solid
Wheel Dimensions: Front, 6.75″, Rear 12″
Brake: Single-foot parking brake
Carrier adapter: No
One-handed fold: No