There comes a moment when a dad looks into his kid’s eyes and suddenly feels … an overwhelming desire to make bad puns. Yes, dad jokes are a proud tradition for most dads — even billionaire entrepreneurs like Elon Musk.
But sadly, while Mr. Musk admitted to making dad jokes, he left the Twitter world in complete darkness as to what they might be. Are they the standard, what-do-clouds-wear-under-their-clothes-type jokes? (Thunderpants, BTW.) Or are they something more disruptive and innovative?
For right now, all the world can do is speculate — kind of like people already do about most Musk projects. (How exactly will an anti-traffic tunnel be different than a subway?) So until Musk reveals the dad jokes that can go to space and land upright, here are a few inspired by the daddest inventor in modern times:
- How does AC/DC get to space? Rock it!
- What do you call it when Elon Musk’s kids run in circles after eating candy? A hyperloop!
- What do you take when you go to a rave on the international space station? SpaceX!
- What do Elon Musk’s Christmas Cards say? “Tesla Season To Be Jolly!”
- What does a new Tesla smell like? Elon’s Musk!
- Why did the kangaroo join Elon Musks space program? He wanted to be a Mars-supial.
- What do rock bands do when they play for Elon Musk in Nevada? Gigafactory!
- Why didn’t Musk’s kids stick around to watch him drill a hole? Because it was boring.
- Why doesn’t Elon use cologne? He already has the Musk.
- How do you get Elon Musk to pick up the bill? Just remind him to Pay, Pal.
- What’s Elon Musk’s favorite meal of the day? Launch time.
- Why was the SpaceX rocket late for liftoff? Because it was Dragon.
- How does SpaceX pull together a mission to Mars? They have to plan it.
- Why did the astronaut break up with his girlfriend? He just needed space.
- A restaurant critic reviewed space. He said it was beautiful but lacked atmosphere
- What’s Elon Musk’s favorite Swedish pop band? Ace of Space.
- What was Elon Musk’s favorite book in high school? Tesla of the D’Urbervilles.
This article was originally published on