• Playgrounds and Park Access — The Trust For Public Land’s ParcScore
• Violent Crime Data — The FBI’s Crime in the United States by Metropolitan Statistical Area
• Walkability Data — WalkScore
• Weather Data — NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information
The report also draws from the work of:
• PlayScience —A research firm specializing in how kids play and game and toy theory, which advises educational institutions, media, and manufacturers.
• PlayScapes — A leading online journal devoted to innovation, ideas, and archiving around the world’s best playgrounds and play spaces.
• KaBoom! — A national non-profit focused on increasing play in the daily lives of American kids, particularly those in underserved communities.
• Designed To Move — An organization dedicated to ending the epidemic of physical inactivity.
• Robert Wood Johnson Foundation — The nation’s largest philanthropic organization devoted to health issues.