In a surprisingly relaxed post to Instagram, Soundcloud rapper Lil Xan explained to fans that he’d recently gotten out of the hospital due to a tear in his stomach. Though the 22-year-old has been candid about his struggle with Xanax since his rise to fame in 2017, the anxiety medication wasn’t to blame. Turns out he just ate too many Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.
“I just want to let everybody know I was in the hospital, not due to any drugs, but I guess I ate too many hot Cheetos, and uh it ripped, it ripped something in my stomach open, so I puked a little blood,” he said in the video. “We good.”
Despite the quick trip to the emergency room, Lil Xan reassured fans that he was feeling “healthier (than) I’ve ever been,” and would still be hitting the road for his tour this fall. You don’t have to go throw out all of the Hot Cheetos in your house just yet though. Of course, the popular red snacks can do a number on your stomach should you eat too many of them. But, the biggest health risk associated with the snack is that they provide almost zero nutritional value.
Regardless, that’s hardly a complaint that can’t be lobbied against more than a handful of other snack foods. Chances are Lil Xans trip to the hospital had more to do with a poor diet than anything else. He said that he puked blood, which may have been him puking up the Cheetos themselves. Doctors have been frustrated with the snack in recent years as the red dye used to make them turns your poop and vomit red resulting in hundreds of totally unnecessary hospital visits.
This article was originally published on