50. Humana: 50 Best Places To Work For New Dads
There are 2 kinds of companies in America. The first have parental leave and flextime policies stuck in the last century; Humana is the second kind.
One of the largest health insurance companies in the nation, Humana covers over 13 million people.
- Headquarters: Louisville, KY
- Number Of Employees: 57,000
- Paid Paternity Leave: 4 weeks (policy begins June 1, 2015)
- Industry: Healthcare
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- Humana provides homeowner’s and auto quote services, high health savings account, 23 vacation days per year and some of the most competitive salaries in the industry made even better with recognition pay for good performance.
- Humana offers up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement, and its 401K is a 125 percent match for up to 6 percent of an employee’s salary, which is about as good as 401Ks get.
What’s At Stake, By Stew Friedman, Director Of Wharton’s Work/Life Integration Project 50 Best: Home