It’s simple: If you let your kid paw at your iPhone and want to ensure the screen isn’t constantly slimy or stricken with a spiderweb of cracks, then you need a good iPhone case for kids. After all, children have ever-sticky hands and a penchant for dropping things no matter how careful you tell them to be. The best of the best iPhone cases are a bit pricey, sure, but they more than pay for themselves protecting a phone through a few dozen drops. Then again, there are also a number of moderately priced iPhone cases for kids that offer protection without costing you an arm and a leg.
So, whether you’re looking to add durability, drop protection, or water repulsion, here are eight great iPhone cases for kids — or for adults who want to protect their phone from grabby hands.
If you're looking for lots of protection without much bulk, this case is a great option. It's built to withstand 10-foot drops and has features like a raised bezel that do the extra work of preventing scratching and shattering even if your phone lands on the ground directly face down. It has a soft, grippy exterior with two layers of stop and shock protection. There's even an anti-microbial finish that inhibits bacterial growth inside the case. Just note that compatible screen protectors are sold separately.
- Lightweight, ultra-slim TPU core absorbs and disperses shock to protect your iPhone against 10-foot drops
- Textured covers make your phone's buttons easy to detect even without looking
- Slim, tapered design securely and comfortably fits in your hand
- Pebbled texture along the sides provide an enhanced grip to keep your phone from slipping out of your hands
This behemoth has a soft bubble-pattern rubber interior lining combined with a hard polycarbonate shell for protection. That means it absorbs and deflects shock when your iPhone XR is thrown or dropped. A raised lip protects your screen from drops and surface scratches.
- Compatible with iPhone 8 & iPhone 7 (Not Plus)
- FRĒ: Built-in scratch protector is virtually invisible to the eye and touch; full access to buttons and controls - charge and sync through the USB port
- Water and Snow Proof: Fully submergible to 6.6'/2 m for 1 hour; Sealed from snow, ice, dirt & dust particles - meets or exceeds IP-68 Ingress Protection Rating
- Shock Proof: Withstands drops from 6.6'/2 m - meets or exceeds MIL STD 810F-516
- Proper installation of a Life Proof product is important to successful use so please review the installation video and check the user manual to ensure correct installation. Includes Life Proof 1-year limited warranty (see website for details) and 100% authentic
Knock the belt-mounted phone all you want, but it's a classic and having your phone within arm’s reach (while not distending a back pocket) can come in pretty handy. This case uses a tri-layered system to protect your phone: an inner, rubbery layer; a hard, polycarbonate outer shell; and an integrated screen protector. On top of all of this, a four-point snap system affixes it to a belt or strap to keep it within easy reach.
Grippy-enough to not slide around on your dashboard, but not so much as to make removing it from your pocket a pain in the ass, this phone hits the grippy sweet spot. The minimal case also comes with a screen protector and corners that create air pockets to cushion a fall. It weighs just 1.6 ounces and is slim enough so that you'll barely notice it's there at all.
This slim case has a hard shell exterior that is co-molded with a soft, impact-absorbing TPU layer and shockproof materials. There's a raised bezel around the perimeter that keeps the screen and camera protected. It also boasts military-grade shock protection and the company swears it can withstand an impact of up to 6.6 feet.
Every product on Fatherly is independently selected by our editors, writers, and experts. If you click a link on our site and buy something, we may earn an affiliate commission.