Despite what Beyonce and Taylor Swift would have you believe, Spotify is still the undisputed king of music streaming with over 75 million users. By importing an enlightened leave policy from the company’s native Sweden, Spotify is now one of the undisputed kings of the 50 Best — not bad for a company that didn’t make the list last year.•
- Headquarters: New York, NY
- Number of employees: 1500+
- Paid Paternity Leave: 24 weeks
- Industry: Tech
- 2015 Rank: New entry
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices:
- Spotify’s leave isn’t just the second best in the country — it’s innovative. New dads can use the time however they see fit, up to their child’s third birthday. And since that’s a pretty big window, the company made the policy retroactive to any employee who’s had a kid since 2013.
- When you’re ready to return to the world of the well-rested (whether you’re well rested or not), the company runs a “welcome back program” that lets employees ease back into full-time work with telecommuting and flexible schedules.
- All those “Spotify Sessions” you find on Spotify? Most of those take place in the company’s theater, where employees are all on the VIP list.
*Spotify is a marketing partner with Fatherly, which has no bearing on its ranking in the 50 Best. See the report’s methodology here.