Airbnb now features listings in almost 200 countries around the world, none of which you’ll be visiting any time soon after your kid is born. But if you work there and are taking that 8 weeks of parental leave, you might want to book yourself an Airbnb around the corner from your own place just to get a good night’s sleep for a change.
- Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
- Number of employees: 1,600
- Paid Paternal Leave: 8 weeks
- Industry: Hospitality
- 2015 Rank: New entry
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- All parents at Airbnb receive a complimentary membership to UrbanSitter, because even your boss knows you need a date night.
- That “not traveling” crack aside, the company puts its money where its mouth is when it comes to encouraging employees to take vacation. Everyone receives a $2,000 annual traveling stipend, which you will definitely be able to use. Eventually.