SAS, or Statistical Analysis System, creates advanced analytics, data management, and predictive analytics software used in 91 of the top 100 companies on the Fortune Global 500 — so, successful ones.
- Headquarters: Cary, NC
- Number Of Employees: 13,660
- Paid Paternity Leave: 2 weeks (4 for primary caregivers)
- Industry: Tech
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- Professional development is taken seriously: An on-site library stocks more than 16,000 books and research resources, as well as loaner equipment.
- Work-life balance is taken seriously as well — so seriously that the company produces its own podcast on the topic.
- SAS runs a college scholarship program for employees’ kids, which might not be as prestigious as one from your kid’s college of choice, but are you really going to argue?
View The Full List
What’s At Stake, By Stew Friedman, Director Of Wharton’s Work/Life Integration Project
50 Best: Home