30. Ernst & Young
An auditing firm, although that probably sells them short considering 6 of the top 11 companies on Fortune‘s “Most Admired Companies” list rely on them to ensure everything is up to snuff.
- Headquarters: New York, NY
- Number Of Employees: 200,000
- Paid Paternity Leave: 2 weeks (6 for primary caregiver)
- Industry: Professional Services
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- Ernst And Young (“EY” to the kids) has been offering paternity leave since way before it was cool — going on 13 years now.
- As of the past year, half of the executives promoted to upper management have worked alternate schedules at some point in their careers, which means flextime is becoming ingrained in the company from the top down.
- It also pays cash for referrals that result in hires, so you can get all your friends jobs and make even more money.
View The Full List
What’s At Stake, By Stew Friedman, Director Of Wharton’s Work/Life Integration Project
50 Best: Home