The official social network of anyone watching TV at the moment, Twitter may restrict you to 140 characters but it’s been on a growth binge since its 2013 IPO. It now has 30 offices in over 15 countries.
- Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
- Number Of Employees: 3,600
- Paid Paternity Leave: 10 weeks
- Industry: Tech
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- Another bay area OG tech company with the in-office yoga and free meals to prove it, Twitter’s most family-relevant perk is what it calls a “non-accrual vacation time policy,” which is a fancy way of saying that the company doesn’t dictate how many days you get each year; it trusts employees to take what they need, when they need it, so long as they’re meeting their obligations.
- The company runs a “Dads On Leave” roundtables, which bring together employees who are going out on — or just returning from — paternity leave to share their experiences and best practices.
- When you’re not busy using all that vacation time, Twitter makes life easier with dry cleaning pickup and commuter benefits like discounted Zipcars.
View The Full List
What’s At Stake, By Stew Friedman, Director Of Wharton’s Work/Life Integration Project
50 Best: Home