Build A DIY Foosball Game With Some Clothespins And An Old Shoebox
You may only pretend to care about soccer once every 4 years (USA! USA!), but as far as your kid is concerned, foosball season never ends. Unfortunately a decent foosball table costs a shocking amount of cash; fortunately, your kid isn’t tall enough to use one yet, anyway. So all you need is an empty shoeboxes to create an awesome DIY foosball game in only 15 minutes. Add some of your favorite futbol superstars to your mini pitch, and before you know you’ll be locked in to an afternoon of unbelievable goals, epic saves, and absolutely no flopping.
- 4 dowels
- 10 clothespins (5 clothespins of 2 different colors)
- 10 photos of your favorite futbol stars (is Pele still around?)
- Ping-pong ball
- X-acto Knife
- Green Marker
- Create your “pitch” by drawing the bottom of the inside of the shoebox green.
- Install dowling rods by punching holes on sides of shoebox, then punch a hole on the opposite side of the shoebox using the same dowel. Leave dowel inserted into both holes. Be aware of spacing of the dowels.
- Use X-acto knife to cut out goals on each end of the shoebox. Be sure each goal is the same size.
- Place 10 clothespins on dowels. Two clothespins on the dowels closest to each goal, and 3 clothespins on the 2 middle dowels.
- Glue futbol players to clothespins.
- Game on.