If you missed Solo: A Star Wars Story in the movie theater (and it seems like many people did!) don’t worry. The latest Star Wars film will be out on Blu-ray and available for digital download way sooner than you thought. Plus, there are going to be a ton of deleted scenes.
On Wednesday, Lucasfilm and Disney confirmed details for the home video release of Solo: A Star Wars Story. The good news for completists is that there will be eight deleted scenes. The bad news is, there is no alternate cut of the film included with this release. Infamously, during the production of Solo, the original directors — Chris Miller and Phil Lord, famous for the Lego Movie — were fired and replaced by Ron Howard. Some fans were hoping aspects of what they shot of the movie might show up on the Blu-ray, but it doesn’t look like that’s the case right now, or, probably, ever. (Though some people think one deleted scene is from the Lord and Miller cut.)
Here’s a complete list of what to expect on the Blu-ray and digital download (via Lucasfilm and Disney):
DIGITAL AND BLU-RAY BONUS MATERIAL
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable: Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie: See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan: Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon: Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia: Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist: Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37: Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso: Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run: Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Deleted Scenes
o Proxima’s Den
o Corellian Foot Chase
o Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
o The Battle of Mimban: Extended
o Han Versus Chewie: Extended
o Snowball Fight!
o Meet Dryden: Extended
o Coaxium Double-Cross
- The Millenium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
Of all the deleted scenes, the one called “Snowball Fight!” sounds weirdly the most interesting. Who is fighting who with snowballs? Who wins this snowball fight? It won’t be long until everyone can find out. Plus, some critics are contending that this scene is from the original version of the movie before Howard took over.
-Solo: A Star Wars Story is out for digital download on September 14, and on Blu-ray and DVD on September 25.-