Watching Christmas movies on Netflix all year round just got a lot easier, thanks to a secret code. While you can always search a specific title, like A Christmas Prince, the code allows you to browse Netflix’s entire collection of holiday films on one page, despite the fact they aren’t even listed on the homepage yet.
And using the secret code on your laptop is easy enough. Start by typing the URL “https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/INSERTNUMBER” into the search bar. Then, replace “INSERTNUMBER” with one of the following codes, depending on what type of Christmas movie you want to watch.
For example, if you’re watching with the kids, replace “INSERTNUMBER” with “1474017” for the “Christmas Children & Family Films” genre. It includes popular flicks for little ones from How the Grinch Stole Christmas to Santa Paws.
If you want a movie for date night in, or if you’re a fan of the seasonal Hallmark movies, type in “1394527” to browse the “Romantic Christmas Films” genre. There you’ll find some of your favorite romantic comedies, like Love Actually and A Holiday Engagement.
And if you’re craving some festive flicks that everyone can enjoy, try the code “1394522” for “Family-Friendly Christmas Films,” a genre that includes titles like Beethoven’s Christmas Adventure and Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas.
If you want to get even more specific in your search, you can also try one of these codes.
- Christmas Children & Family Films for ages 11 to 12: 1477206
- Feel-good Christmas Children & Family Films: 1475066
- Christmas Children & Family Films for ages 5 to 7: 1477201
- Goofy Christmas Children & Family Films: 1475071
- Christmas Children & Family Films from the 1990s: 1476024
- British Christmas Children & Family Films: 1527064
- Christmas Children & Family Films for ages 8 to 10: 1477204
- European Christmas Children & Family Films: 1527063
- Canadian Christmas Children & Family Films: 1721544
For anyone watching Netflix on a TV (a.k.a. where a URL won’t work), just type the exact category name into the search bar. Happy binge-watching!