Disney+ is finally here, which means the first episode of The Mandalorian is finally here. The new original series, set between the end of the original trilogy (Return of the Jedi) but before the beginning of the latest one (The Force Awakens), is a must-watch. If you haven’t signed up for Disney+ already, check out our guide to subscribing. If you have, you’ll definitely want to read this guide to not having the ending spoiled.
The end of the first episode is a big twist, one that will set the tone for the rest of the series. Here’s how to avoid learning about it:
- Read our review of episode 1, and heed the multiple bolded warnings before the very end.
- Stay off Twitter and Reddit, where spoilers thrive.
- Stay off of news sites you don’t trust; don’t let scifinews.biz to be the reason you learn about the twist too soon.
- On second thought, throw your computer and phone into the sea.
- Watch episode one ASAP; maybe you’re not feeling so hot and need to take a day off today? (fake coughing)
You can repeat this protocol for future episodes of The Mandalorian, though the stakes hopefully won’t be nearly as high until the finale.
But the best part about watching The Mandalorian is that once you’re through it you can explore Disney+ properly. Watch an old episode of The Simpsons (you can’t go wrong with “Marge vs. the Monorail”). Rewatch Avengers: Endgame, a movie that had its own spoiler issues upon release. Or you could just find that Disney Channel original movie you loved when you were a kid, put it on, and see how poorly it’s aged.