Manufacturer Growers Express has issued a voluntary recall on packaged vegetables due to a possible Listeria contamination, the Food and Drug Administration said on Monday. Packages of butternut squash, cauliflower, zucchini, and vegetable bowls from the brands Green Giant, Trader Joe’s and Signature Farms have been affected.
- Green Giant Fresh Butternut Squash Cubes
- Green Giant Fresh Butternut Squash Noodles
- Green Giant Fresh Butternut Squash Diced
- Green Giant Fresh Cauliflower Crumbles Fried Rice Blend
- Green Giant Fresh Ramen Soup Bowl
- Green Giant Fresh Sweet Potato Cauliflower Crumbles
- Green Giant Fresh Zucchini Noodles
- Signature Farms Cauliflower Crumbles
- Trader Joe’s Butternut Squash Spirals
- Trader Joe’s Zucchini Spirals
“The safety of our consumers is our first priority,” said Tom Byrne, President of Growers Express in a statement. “We self-reported the need for this recall to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and stopped production immediately after being notified of a single positive sample by the Massachusetts Department of Health. We are deep sanitizing the entire facility and our line equipment, as well as conducting continued testing on top of our usual battery of sanitation and quality and safety tests before resuming production.”
If you’ve purchased any of the recalled products, the FDA urges customers to not consume them and throw them away.