A research-focused healthcare company, Roche is the world leader in in vitro diagnostics, as well as tools that help doctors deal with everything from congestive heart failure to HIV. Unless you work there and just had a kid, in which case it’s an industry leader in giving you a solid parental leave.
- Headquarters: Indianapolis, IN
- Number of employees: 4,500
- Paid Paternity Leave: 6 weeks
- Industry: Healthcare
- 2015 Rank: 9
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- Roche knows how to keep its employees happy: 42 percent of employees have worked there for 10 years or more.
- Kids of employees at the Indianapolis headquarters are eligible for a summer camp operated by the city’s YMCA.
- Company-sponsored extracurricular activities include $35,000 spent annually on teams for community sports leagues and an on-site garden where employees can grow their own produce. So in addition to bringing home the bacon, you can also bring home the kale.