A biotech corporation focused on drug therapies for things like cancer and Alzheimer’s, going to work at Genentech gives you a better-than-average ability to claim your job saves people’s lives.
- Headquarters: South San Francisco, CA
- Number of employees: 14,000
- Paid Paternity Leave: 6 weeks
- Industry: Biotech & Pharmaceuticals
- 2015 Rank: 6
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- They must be doing something right: Genentech has been named on Fortune‘s “100 Best Companies To Work For” for 18 consecutive years and has cracked the top 10 7 times.
- You’re incentivized to stick around through a sabbatical program that provides 6 weeks paid time off every 6 years. Genentech also has robust flextime program which is used by 55 percent of employees, and there’s on-site, subsidized childcare and healthcare.