After the New York Times raised questions about company culture at the country’s largest retailer, Amazon fired back with a significant expansion of its parental leave to new fathers and more than 100,000 hourly workers at its fulfillment centers — all of whom are probably buying their diapers on Amazon either way.
- Headquarters: Seattle, WA
- Number of employees: 230,800
- Paid Paternity Leave: 6 weeks
- Industry: Retail
- 2015 Rank: New entry
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- A “Leave Share” program allows you to share all or some of your 6 weeks with a spouse or partner who doesn’t have paid leave through their own employer.
- Any primary caregiver can participate a “Ramp Back Program” that eases them back into full-time work at 50-75 percent of their normal schedule for up to 8 weeks.