6. Genentech: 50 Best Places To Work For New Dads
A biotech corporation focused on drug therapies for things like cancer and Alzheimer’s, going to work at Genentech gives you a better-than-average ability to claim your job saves people’s lives.
- Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
- Number Of Employees: 14,000
- Paid Paternity Leave: 6 weeks
- Industry: Biotech
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- When your 6 weeks of paid leave ends, you can take another 6 weeks unpaid over the course of the kid’s first 12 months.
- They must be doing something right: Genentech has been named on Fortune‘s “100 Best Companies To Work For” for 17 consecutive years and has cracked the top 10 6 times.
- You’re incentivized to stick around through a sabbatical program that provides 6 weeks paid time off every 6 years. Genetech also has robust flextime program is used by 55 percent of employees, and there’s on-site, subsidized health care.