In terms of high-stakes parenting decisions, deciding on a list of the perfect baby girl names is up there. Do you want to go with a cute baby girls name? A beautiful baby girls name? These are subjective, sure, but they’re what parents consider. Consider, however, that if choose something very flowery and girly, it might be cute when she’s a baby, but not so much down the road. Pluck a baby name straight from pop culture or one that’s too popular, and eventually, it will feel staler than three-week old sour dough. Then there’s another big question: should you choose baby girl names that are original or go with one your nana had? Decisions, decisions.
So, what baby girl names should you consider? That’s up to you. We’re not here to do the picking for you. What we have done, however, is compile a list of baby girl names that are not only rare enough that your child won’t share them with every other classmate, but also not, like, Mufaletta or Chalice. We’ve also included 13 baby girl names you should consider avoiding. Happy picking.
The 101 Baby Girl Names to Consider…
13 Baby Girl Names to Avoid…
1. Alexa Avoid setting your child up for a lifetime of the popular Amazon device responding to their name.
2. North It was bad enough when Kim and Kanye did it.
3. Meghan A pretty name for sure, but soon to be uber-common with the addition of the newest duchess.
4. Bertha Come on. Don’t be cruel.
5. Ursula It just sounds … villainous.
6. Blue Just because Beyoncé kind of pulled it off doesn’t mean just anyone can.
7. Olga Doesn’t exactly bring to mind a sweet little baby, now, does it.
8. Anous No further comment.
9. Facebook Yep. Someone did it. Don’t follow in their footsteps.
10. Hashtag #No #JustNo
11. Abcd We can only imagine what these parents were thinking.
12. Londyn If you love a place so much you’re going to name your kid after it, at least spell it right.
13. Merika While it could have been a fathomable name in another time and place, the introduction of this slang word into the American vocabulary makes this name intolerable.