That “little social media site for scrapbookers” now has more than 100 million monthly users and isn’t just acting like a top flight media company in terms of traffic. It’s new, gender blind parental leave policy proves it’s acting like the big players when it comes to talent recruitment, as well. Pinterest will make scrapbookers out of all of us eventually.
- Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
- Number of employees: 750+
- Paid Parental Leave: 16 weeks
- Industry: Media
- 2015 Rank: New entry
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- Four months of fully paid leave is pretty solid, but Pintrest also offers new dads a fifth “transition” month, during which time you work a reduced schedule while still receiving full pay.
- The company also runs programs and support groups to help new parents reintegrate with their teams, one-on-one coaching sessions, and credits for food delivery, because whatever cooking you got back to do doing at the end of leave is going straight out the window when you return to work.