The country’s largest boutique hotel group, Kimpton operates 65 hotels and more than 80 restaurants and bars in over 30 cities. The hotels are overwhelmingly cool, hip, or quirky, and the bars are generally packed. Also, you won’t be visiting any of them for a while after your kid is born.
- Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
- Number of employees: 7,797
- Paid Paternity Leave: 6 weeks
- Industry: Hospitality
- 2015 Rank: 12
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- Kimpton takes employee wellness so seriously that all company meetings have an exercise component — like yoga or jogging — scheduled into them. Even the hotel housekeepers participate in group stretching before their shifts.
- The company’s health insurance benefits are so robust they include pet insurance, and the company is so pet-friendly it gives employees time off to mourn when a pet dies. This will likely not apply to your kid’s goldfish.