5. State Street: 50 Best Places To Work For New Dads
5. State Street
A 223-year-old financial services holding company comprising three divisions that specialize in custodian banking, investment management, and investment research and trading. When people talk about Blue Blood Boston finance institutions, they’re talking about State Street.
- Headquarters: Boston, MA
- Number Of Employees: 29,530
- Paid Paternity Leave: 4 weeks
- Industry: Finance
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- Another company that takes flextime seriously. Its Manager Initiated Flex program requires your boss to approach you about flexible work options, so you don’t have to worry about their response when you ask. Your boss will even be trained to identify which parts of your job best lend themselves to flextime, telework, compressed schedules, or job sharing so you can organize yourself accordingly.
- Your 4 weeks of paternity leave doesn’t have to be taken consecutively, so once you realize your new kid has no idea who you are after Week 1, you can get some work done and then get back to paternity leave around Month 3, when they start actually being fun.