36. Capital One Financial: 50 Best Places To Work For New Dads
36. Capital One Financial
Founded in 1988, Capital One Financial is practically a start-up in the financial world. But it’s also one of the nation’s 10 largest banks based on deposits, which means there’s a decent chance they’re holding some of your money right now.
- Headquarters: McLean, VA
- Number Of Employees: 41,384
- Paid Paternity Leave: 2 weeks (6 for primary caregivers)
- Industry: Finance
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- In a Great Rated employee survey, 87 percent of people said they were able to take time off when necessary and 81 percent felt that the company actively encourages work-life balance.
- The company takes service seriously — you can use paid time to contribute to local nonprofits and they’ll match donations to accredited schools, dollar for dollar.
- The 2-week paternity leave can be taken consecutively or separately, depending on your tolerance for a screaming newborn.