33. American Express: 50 Best Places To Work For New Dads
33. American Express
A credit card and financial services multinational for consumers, small businesses, and huge corporations. Fortune‘s eighth-most admired brand in the world also still makes travelers checks for your parents.
- Headquarters: New York, NY
- Number Of Employees: 53,000
- Paid Paternity Leave: 2 (6 for primary caregivers)
- Industry: Finance
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- AmEx sponsors a “Fatherhood Breakfast Series,” in which company executives talk candidly about their experiences raising a family while maintaining ambitious career paths, and they share best practices for succeeding on both fronts.
- The company also maintains an employee network specific to parents, with local chapters that offer resources on everything from child care to elder care issues. Each chapter is responsible for programming based on the needs of its members, so you can be the guy who launches weekly Lego seminars with architects.