21. WellStar Health System: 50 Best Places To Work For New Dads
21. WellStar Health System
Georgia’s largest not-for-profit healthcare system operates 5 hospitals and multiple physicians offices in and around Atlanta. It’s the fifth most integrated healthcare delivery system in the country; how you measure that sort of thing is complicated, but just trust that the place is integrated.
- Headquarters: Marietta, GA
- Number Of Employees: 13,300
- Paid Paternity Leave: 3 weeks
- Industry: Healthcare
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- The federal Family Medical Leave Act requires companies with more than 50 employees to provide them 12 weeks of unpaid leave for anything from the birth of a kid to the illness of a parent. WellStar allows for another 24 weeks on top of that, which is a whole lot of job security when you need it most.
- On on-site concierge service is tasked with making sure family time-sucking errands like car service, holiday gift buying, and dry cleaning are handled for you so your free time is actually free.
- With adoption assistance up to $20,000, WellStar ensures adopting families have as much support as other employee families.