It’s all well and good for tech companies to include great parental leave along with their nap rooms and drone-delivered dry cleaning — it’s practically expected. But when a 130-year-old company that employs nearly 130,000 people steps up and gives dads 8 weeks of leave, that sends a signal to traditional employers everywhere.*
- Headquarters: Brunswick, NJ
- Number of employees: 127,210
- Paid Paternity Leave: 8 weeks
- Industry: Biotech & Pharmaceuticals
- 2015 Rank: New entry
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- In this day and age, subsidized childcare is a perk and on-site childcare is exceptional. Johnson & Johnson doesn’t just have an on-site childcare center — it has 7 of them.
- The company’s leave policy can be divided up as employees see fit any time during their kid’s first year.
- The company store sells Johnson & Johnson products for up to 50 percent off retail price, and yes that includes baby shampoo (for the baby) and Tylenol (for you).
*Johnson & Johnson is an advertiser on Fatherly, which has no bearing on its ranking in the 50 Best. See the report’s methodology here.