Humana snuck onto last year’s list with an announced 4 weeks leave for new fathers, which started a few weeks after the list published. Less than a year later, the company has established itself as the top-ranked insurance company on this year’s list.
- Headquarters: Louisville, KY
- Number of employees: 52,000
- Paid Paternity Leave: 4 weeks
- Industry: Insurance
- 2015 Rank: 50
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- Humana provides homeowner’s and auto quote services, health savings account, 23 vacation days per year (an amount that increases the longer you work there) and some of the most competitive salaries in the industry made even better with recognition pay for good performance.
- Humana offers up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement, and its 401K is a 125 percent match for up to 6 percent of an employee’s salary, which is about as good as 401Ks get.