The federally backed proprietor of much of the economy’s secondary mortgage market had a pretty bumpy ride through the financial crisis of 2007 but remains the country’s largest owner of mortgages. And since the housing market isn’t going anywhere, it will continue to be a pretty big employer, too.
- Headquarters: Washington D.C.
- Number of employees: 7,200
- Paid Paternity Leave: 4 weeks
- Industry: Finance
- 2015 Rank: 20
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- Fannie Mae’s flex time adoption by employees stands at approximately 30 percent, which doesn’t sound like much if you’re a tech company but is pretty progressive for a 78-year-old business that secures mortgages.
- In the event that you go to work at a financial company but aren’t great with finances, Fannie Mae provides personal financial planners who help its employees figure out everything from home purchases to college planning.