The official social network of anyone watching TV at the moment, Twitter may restrict you to 140 characters but it’s been on a growth binge since its 2013 IPO. It now has 30 offices in over 15 countries.
- Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
- Number Of Employees: 3,600
- Paid Paternity Leave: 10 weeks
- Industry: Tech
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- Another bay area OG tech company with the in-office yoga and free meals to prove it, Twitter’s most family-relevant perk is what it calls a “non-accrual vacation time policy,” which is a fancy way of saying that the company doesn’t dictate how many days you get each year; it trusts employees to take what they need, when they need it, so long as they’re meeting their obligations.
- The company runs a “Dads On Leave” roundtables, which bring together employees who are going out on — or just returning from — paternity leave to share their experiences and best practices.
- When you’re not busy using all that vacation time, Twitter makes life easier with dry cleaning pickup and commuter benefits like discounted Zipcars.