Fatherly‘s annual “Best Places To Work For New Dads” ranking tracks the progress of the 50 companies doing the most to help American fathers balance work and family life. Every company on our list offers exceptional benefits, including paid leave, access to child care subsidies or programs, and flexible time policies. Though the list changes every year, the overall trend among businesses actively engaging with the demand of fathers is positive. The average number of paid weeks off given to new fathers by companies on the list has, over the course of only two years, gone from four to 11, a 275 percent increase.
Naturally, many companies are appearing on this list for the third time. Corporations that are committed to helping parents tend to remain committed to helping parents. That’s good news for the employees of…
The online shoe retailer has used family friendly policies to attract talent to Las Vegas, where it has played an important role in urban revitalization. Employees are also entitled to 40 percent off Zappos products, which is no small thing considering how fast kids grow out of Chuck Taylors.
- Headquarters: Las Vegas, NV
- Number of employees: 1,409
- Paid Paternity Leave: 6 weeks
- Industry: Retail
- 2016 Rank: New Entry
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- Zappos has heavied up on onsite offerings, including prenatal and postnatal classes and CPR/first-aid training. In addition, there are dry cleaning services, health screenings, oil changes, and life coaching sessions available.
- Zappos offers parenting classes for when employee’s kids reach the toddler stage, because they’ve heard terrible things about the twos.
2017 Rank: 48
For more context and more information on the companies working to help fathers, check out the complete 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads ranking, a breakdown of this year’s stats, an explanation or Fatherly‘s methodology, the story of Patagonia’s new revolutionary child care program, and our deep dive on the state of the modern American paternity leave experience.