8. Arnold & Porter
One of the largest firms in the world, Arnold And Porter distinguishes itself with pro bono work, dating back to when its founders were among the only lawyers in D.C. willing to defend victims of Joseph McCarthy’s communist witch hunts in the 50s.
- Headquarters: Washington D.C.
- Number Of Employees: 1,284
- Paid Paternity Leave: 6 weeks (18 for primary caregiver)
- Industry: Legal
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- If you’ve ever considered working part time and letting your partner carry the bulk of the financial load, Arnold And Porter is for you (if, you know, you have a law degree). You only have to work 25 hours a week to qualify for benefits, and the firm maintains a panel of partners who advise and guide lawyers looking to transition to part-time work.
- On-site day care on their main campus, and the firm’s wellness program incentivizes you to participate with $200 if achieve certain goals. It’s a nice little bonus (unless you’re really lazy).
- Not that this applies directly to you, but Arnold And Porter has made Working Mother Magazine‘s “100 Best Companies” 15 times. This may not apply to you, either, but it’s been on the Dave Thomas Foundation For Adoption’s “100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces” list, too. Ah … this one does: Fortune‘s “100 Best Companies To Work For,” 3 years running.