In addition to manufacturing well-respected clothing for sports like mountaineering, skiing, fly fishing and surfing, Patagonia is a certified B-corporation with a social mission to preserve the environment. So you can brag to your friends about saving the world just by going to work.
- Headquarters: Ventura, CA
- Number Of Employees: 2,000
- Paid Paternity Leave: 8 weeks
- Industry: Retail
Notable Father-Friendly Policies And Practices
- Patagonia provides on-site child care for kids starting when they’re newborns and ending when they turn 9. The child care center is staffed to provide support to parents, and they even provide after-school pickup from local schools.
- In addition to the 8 paid weeks of paternity leave, another 8 are available unpaid.
- Company founder Yvon Chouinard has instilled in his company the expectation that employees can ditch work when the surf or snow is good; he just expects them to get their work done as well.