Spring Social Video Fellow
Fatherly is hiring a video fellow to edit, help shoot, and publish videos. The ideal candidate has post-production editing skills, experience researching and writing video stories, and spends endless hours consuming video on social media.
Launched in April 2015, Fatherly is the leading digital brand for young parents. Fatherly generated over a billion video views in the last year, was named one of Oprah’s favorite websites of 2016, and won the 2017 Webby Award for “Best Parenting Site on the Internet”. Fatherly is backed by BDMI, UTA, SoftTech VC, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, The Knight Foundation and prominent angels such as Gary Vaynerchuk and the founders of Bleacher Report, among others.
Role and Responsibilities:
Fatherly is looking for a candidate who is organized, self-starting and eager to produce videos for social media.
- Research and pitch stories that fit the Fatherly voice.
- Edit videos in Adobe Premiere
- Build Instagram Stories from existing content, as well as shoot original video
- Liaise with audience team to deliver original content for social media platforms.
- At least 1 year of experience with Adobe Premiere
- Experience writing and editing short form video
- Superior organizational, interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with multiple and changing priorities.
- Working knowledge of MAC computer systems and programs.
- PLUS: Animation and motion experience
Send your resume and cover letter to Adam.Banicki@fatherly.com. Please include links in your cover letter to any relevant videos you’ve worked on.
***Please note that this is a full-time fellowship that requires that you work in our Manhattan office, and is paid hourly. The fellowship term runs for approximately six months, with some flexibility on start and end dates.