Fatherly, the leading digital lifestyle brand for young parents, seeks a SEO Editor/Manager to add to our team. We’re seeking a passionate, knowledgeable, and results-oriented individual who will own editorial SEO strategy and optimization.
The SEO Editor/Manager will be a part of the growing audience development team and work very closely with editorial. Key to success in this role is the ability to think both from an editorial perspective and as an SEO expert. Attention to detail as well as an ability to think outside the box is critical as everyone on the team is expected to pitch editorial ideas and collaborate in our process.
Launched in April 2015, Fatherly is the leading digital brand for young parents. Fatherly generated over a billion video views in the last year, was named one of Oprah’s favorite website of 2016, and won the 2017 Webby Award for “Best Parenting Site on the Internet”. Fatherly is backed by BDMI, UTA, SoftTech VC, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, The Knight Foundation and prominent angels such as Gary Vaynerchuk and the founders of Bleacher Report, among others.
You will cultivate a long-term strategy that will benefit both our users and the team. You will have a track record of driving a solid SEO growth at a highly-trafficked internet publisher. You must know how to bring best practices to an editorial team and establish rigor in the quality of the team’s output. You should also always be thinking of great editorial ideas in addition to building bulletproof SEO tactics.
- Own SEO traffic goals
- Provide thought leadership, feedback and direction for SEO strategies
- Train and certify editorial team members in SEO best practices and train new team members
- Optimize both legacy and new content across the site
- Stay informed on Google algorithmic and industry changes and optimizations, inform teams across the organization of relevant news
- Conduct SEO research that can be seamlessly translated into actionable editorial recommendations
- Challenge yourself and others to raise the bar, create incredible content and ideas for our users
- Drive demand for user engagement
The SEO Editor/Manager should have digital media experience and deep expertise in analyzing online consumer behavior and turning this data into actionable recommendations. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Proven experience as an SEO Manager or a similar role at a high-impact digital organization
- Best-in-class knowledge of SEO practices
- Experience with SEO reporting and familiarity with tools (Google Analytics, Moz, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, especially written communication
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Passion for data and analytics
- Ability to think critically, deliver data insights that drive Fatherly’s strategic priorities
- Bachelor’s degree required
Based in New York City
How To Apply
Please email your resume and briefly introduce yourself in the email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please connect your experience directly to the responsibilities and qualifications required for this position.