Launched in April 2015, Fatherly is the leading digital brand for young parents. In the last year, Fatherly generated over a billion video views, was named Oprah’s favorite website of 2016, and won the 2017 Webby Award for “Best Parenting Site on the Internet”. Fatherly is backed by BDMI, UTA, SoftTech VC, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, The Knight Foundation and prominent angels such as Gary Vaynerchuk and the founders of Bleacher Report among others.
About the role:
Fatherly is seeking a deep and experienced product expert that can set the overall product vision, execute at the highest level in a dynamic environment, and develop a strong product-culture within the organization. The Product Director will lead the execution for driving the product vision, strategy, roadmap, and related initiatives from inception through execution. This newly created role will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will work cross-functionally to build world-class products. This senior leader will partner closely with and coordinate the efforts of Engineering, Design, and Audience Development to help develop and optimize product development processes. Our ideal candidate is a results-focused, forward-looking leader on the edge of trends with a history of successfully managing the product lifecycle for a consumer-facing digital media organization.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take full ownership of Fatherly’s evolving product including web, mobile, commerce, and more. Define and evolve our platform from strategic planning, product roadmap, product design and specification, overall product quality, and tactical execution.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to collaborate and extract meaningful insights and articulate product strategy, positioning, and decisions while recruiting the appropriate internal and external resources.
- Oversee the product lifecycle from ideation to implementation to ensure seamless transition into releases and grow our product with aggressive deadlines.
- Develop and advance Fatherly’s product roadmap to support near and long-term business objectives and commercial growth.
- Create a culture focused on producing excellent products and experiences for consumers.
- Collaborate with senior Fatherly leadership to define and prioritize goals for the product and engineering organization.
- Serve as a conduit between the Editorial, Sales, Audience Development, and Engineering functions helping convert business needs and vision to well-built products.
- Serve as a focused process manager, combining creativity with flawless execution.
- Measure and analyze performance of product initiatives against ROI, KPIs, and other metrics. Continually generate ideas for product introductions and expansion.
- Minimum of 5 years of product management leadership experience within the consumer Internet and mobile space
- Track record of building and bringing great consumer products to market that have achieved significant scale and commercial success
- Experienced in operating and thriving in a high-growth startup environment
- An intuitive sense of where and when to use data to drive product decisions
- Possess a strong technical understanding of Fatherly’s products and the ability to work effectively with the engineering team
- Well-versed in agile development environments and comfortable with continuous deployment
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Hands-on technical leader with an ability work effectively with the Development team and manage effectively up, down, and across an organization
- A proactive sense of urgency with an ability to anticipate, respond, build consensus, and pivot to the needs of employees and customers and make tough decisions in the face of resource constraints and ambiguity.
- Proactively solves problems; takes responsibility and ownership, even when things go wrong
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Balances short-term goals with long-term vision
- Thinks beyond the product and is always looking for ways to improve the organization as a whole
- Impeccable follow-through
- Comfortable working with a small product, engineering, and design team and coordinating the efforts of freelancers and outside vendors
- BA preferred
How To Apply:
Please email your resume and briefly introduce yourself in the email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please connect your experience directly to the responsibilities and qualifications required for this position.