Fatherly seeks a Public Relations Manager to join our team. This position will report directly to the CEO and will focus on the development and execution of our proactive press strategy.
Who We Are
Fatherly is the fastest-growing parenting site on the web, targeting millennials and young Gen Xers who are entering the most inquisitive and acquisitive phase of their life. Described by the New York Times as “Buzzfeed meets Vice” for parents, Fatherly focuses on expert-driven, evidenced-based content, with a pantheon of esteemed contributors that include:
- Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala and her dad
- Melinda Gates
- Former US Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
- CTO of the United States Megan Smith
Fatherly has been nominated for a Webby two times in just its first year as Best Parenting Site on the Internet.
Growth To Date
Launched in April 2015, Fatherly already reaches:
- 50M people weekly on Facebook
- 2.5M monthly uniques
- 250K daily subscribers (with consistent 20% month over month growth)
A Preferred Partner For The World’s Best Brands
Fatherly has developed year-long partnerships with a variety of Fortune 500 marketers including Johnson & Johnson, Campbell’s, P&G, Progressive and The United Nations among others. Its Family Albums work with Spotify has been nominated by Digiday as the Best Branded Content Series of 2015-2016.
A World-Class Team
Fatherly is led by one of the founding employees at the Thrillist Media Group, now one of the largest digital publishers in the country. Its investors include Lerer Hippeau Ventures (Buzzfeed, Warby Parker), SoftTech (Bleacher Report), The Knight Foundation, Gary Vaynerchuk and a dozen others.
Fatherly In The News
Fatherly has been featured by hundred of outlets across the country including:
- Create and implement Fatherly’s national PR strategy focused on elevating brand awareness
- Create ongoing relationships with important press contacts on behalf of Fatherly
- Create press pitches, press releases, talking points, and briefing materials for all press engagements
- Manage media recaps and analyze the impact of media coverage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, PR, Communications, or related field
- 3-4 years of experience as an Account Executive (agency) or in-house PR Manager
- Strong editorial skills
- Strong media contacts
- A self-starter who can work in a team environment
- Passion for working in the parenting arena and bringing Fatherly’s mission to the public
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working with a media brand
Please send your resume and a note about why you’d want to [email protected]