Operations and Finance Manager
Fatherly, the leading digital lifestyle brand for young parents, has an immediate opening for a Finance and Operations Manager. This candidate will have 5 years of accounting experience, proficiency in financial analysis or has otherwise served in a Chief of Staff capacity. This role is pivotal in harnessing the momentum of a fast-growing start-up as it expands to capture additional market share and dominate the digital media and commerce ecosystem.
Who We Are
Fatherly is the fastest-growing parenting site on the web, targeting millennials and young Gen Xers who are entering the most inquisitive and acquisitive phase of their life. Described by the New York Times as “Buzzfeed meets Vice” for parents, Fatherly focuses on expert-driven, evidenced-based content, with a pantheon of esteemed contributors that include:
- Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala and her dad
- Melinda Gates
- Former US Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
- CTO of the United States Megan Smith
Fatherly has been nominated for a Webby two times in just its first year as Best Parenting Site on the Internet.
Growth To Date
Launched in April 2015, Fatherly already reaches:
- 40M people weekly on Facebook
- 2.5M monthly uniques
- 250K daily subscribers (with consistent 20% month over month growth)
A Preferred Partner For The World’s Best Brands
Fatherly has developed year-long partnerships with a variety of Fortune 500 marketers including Johnson & Johnson, Campbell’s, P&G, Progressive and The United Nations among others. Its Family Albums work with Spotify has been nominated by Digiday as the Best Branded Content Series of 2015-2016.
A World-Class Team
Fatherly is led by Simon Isaacs and Michael Rothman, one of the founding employees at the Thrillist Media Group, now one of the largest digital publishers in the country. Fatherly’s investors include Lerer Hippeau Ventures (Buzzfeed, Warby Parker), SoftTech (Bleacher Report), The Knight Foundation, Gary Vaynerchuk and a dozen others.
Fatherly In The News
Fatherly has been featured by hundred of outlets across the country including:
What You’ll Do
- Develop measurable KPIs for all departments and relay success quickly and clearly to CEO, reporting on progress weekly, monthly and ad-hoc
- Support and facilitate management/executive meetings, including weekly meetings, board meetings, and quarterly reviews
- Establish processes and protocols for employees, including comp plans, promotion structures, contract negotiations, new hire onboarding, measures of success, performance reviews, and long term organizational planning
- Run point on strategic planning and monthly financial planning activities, developing programs that balance cost-savings with efficiency
- Work with CEO to evaluate and model BD opportunities.
- Manage relationships with third party vendors and services, including legal, accounting, payroll, insurance, etc.
- Help sustain a positive, entrepreneurial, and high-performing company culture
Who You Are
- ~5 years at management consulting, banking, or law firm at top tier institution, or has served in a Chief of Staff capacity previously
- New York based
- Thrives on multitasking
- Understanding of the media, commerce and start-up community
- Interested in consumer brands, branding, marketing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Email [email protected] with a resume and a note about why Fatherly’s mission connects with you and with what you want next in your career