Midwest Sales Lead, Chicago
Fatherly is looking for a Midwest Sales Lead to identify, nurture and grow commercial relationships with marketers interested in communicating with this generation of parents. You will employ a consultative approach to business development, providing senior-level marketers with thoughtful programs that leverage Fatherly’s unique audience, market positioning and digital assets to make a meaningful impact on their objectives.
We are the leading digital media brand for this next generation of parents. By combining high-quality journalism with first-person perspectives, Fatherly has been able to capture both sides of the parenting market, provide a unique content offering in a crowded space and hone in on the insight that today’s parents increasingly share responsibilities and purchasing decisions.
We’re backed by BDMI, UTA, WPP, Uncork Capital, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, The Knight Foundation and prominent angels such as Gary Vaynerchuk and the founders of Bleacher Report, among others.
What You Will Do
- Manage the sales cycle from start to finish: prospect, identify relevant contacts, negotiate and secure sales of online advertising and sponsorship programs to leading marketers across CPG, Retail, Automotive, QSR, Grooming and more
- Be creative in generating new ideas and competitive solutions for advertisers
- Work with senior management in developing strategic go-to-market programs for Fatherly’s top clients and prospects
- Recruit and manage junior sales talent to further build out Fatherly’s presence in the Midwest market
- Develop and maintain a strong rapport with clients and agencies
- Serve as an ambassador for the Fatherly brand who can clearly articulate our value proposition to the market
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales goals and objectives and maximize all media and content marketing growth opportunities for Fatherly
- Experience selling market-leading lifestyle brands for a digital media company
- Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment. Desire and ability to manage multiple relationships at a time. Team player.
- Motivated, tenacious, and resourceful: works independently, doesn’t take “no” for an answer, leader in thinking through and developing necessary materials to close new business. Knows how to sell creatively, not just CPMs and impressions
- Experience with integrated selling across multiple platforms (e.g. newsletter, website, events)
- Management experience with deep sales-side connections in the Chicago market
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Presentation skills, both in- person and via sales decks highly desired. Ability to respond creatively in the moment highly desired.
- Understands the value and challenges of being a key member of a growth stage lifestyle brand
- BA/BS required
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- PTO and family leave
- Retirement plans
- Monthly speaker series featuring business luminaries across the media, marketing and technology landscape
- Regular social events including Happy Hours
How To Apply:
Please send your resume along with a brief introduction via email to ChicagoSales@fatherly.com
We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.