Midwest Sales Director, Chicago
Fatherly, the essential lifestyle guide for young parents, has an immediate opening for a Midwest Sales Director, located in Chicago, IL.
Who We Are
Fatherly is the fastest-growing parenting site on the web, targeting millennial parents who are entering the most inquisitive and acquisitive phase of their lives. By focusing on dads as well as young moms, Fatherly’s able a) to capture both sides of the parenting market, b) provide a differentiated content offering in a space oversaturated with “Mom” content, and c) hone in on a key insight that millennial parents increasingly share parenting responsibilities and purchasing decisions.
Described by the New York Times as “Buzzfeed meets Vice” for parents, Fatherly focuses on expert-driven, evidenced-based content, with a pantheon of esteemed contributors that include:
- Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala and her dad
- US Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
- Melinda Gates
- US Ski Team’s Daron Rahlves
- CTO of the United States Megan Smith
Fatherly has already generated over 1B video views this year, has been named Oprah’s favorite website of 2016 and our success with video targeting young parents has been documented in Adweek, Digiday and CNBC. Fatherly has also been nominated twice by the Webby’s as “Best Parenting Site on the Internet” in just its first year in existence.
Growth To Date
Launched in April 2015, Fatherly already reaches:
- 75M people weekly on Facebook
- 2.5M monthly uniques
- 250K daily subscribers (with consistent 20% month over month growth)
A Preferred Partner For The World’s Best Brands
Fatherly has developed year-long partnerships with a variety of Fortune 500 marketers including Johnson & Johnson, Campbell’s, P&G, Progressive and The United Nations among others. Its Family Albums work with Spotify has been nominated by Digiday as the Best Branded Content Series of 2015-2016.
A World-Class Team
Fatherly is led by Michael Rothman, one of the founding employees at the Thrillist Media Group, now one of the largest digital publishers in the country. Its investors include Lerer Hippeau Ventures (Buzzfeed, Warby Parker), SoftTech (Bleacher Report), The Knight Foundation, Gary Vaynerchuk and a dozen others.
Fatherly In The News
Fatherly has been featured by hundred of outlets across the country including:
What You Will Do
You will pursue national brand advertisers across a range of verticals who all have a vested interest in connecting with this next generation of parents. You will exhibit a consultative approach to business development, providing senior-level marketers with thoughtful programs that leverage Fatherly’s unique audience, market positioning and digital assets to make a meaningful impact on their business.
- Manage the sales cycle from start to finish: prospect, identify relevant contacts, negotiate and secure sales of online advertising and sponsorship programs to premium brands across several Men’s Lifestyle and Parenting Categories (e.g., CPG, Automotive, Financial Services, Pharmaceutical, Travel and Entertainment)
- Develop and maintain a strong rapport with clients and agencies
- Serve as an ambassador for the Fatherly brand who can clearly articulate our value proposition to the market
- Create advertiser solutions, advertising proposals, partnership programs for clients and agencies
- Be creative in generating new ideas and materials for advertisers
- Generate proposals, strategy and a framework for rapid acceleration of a sales infrastructure
- Work with the Chief Creative Officer on creative brainstorms
- Analyze campaign performance statistics and recommend optimized solutions from all the results. Provide on-going reporting and feedback to CEO
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals and objectives and maximize all media and content marketing growth opportunities for Fatherly
- Entrepreneurial self-starter w/ experience selling lifestyle brands for a digital media company required; experience selling to male or parenting audience preferred
- Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment. Desire and ability to manage multiple relationships at a time. Team player.
- Motivated, tenacious, and resourceful: works independently, doesn’t take “no” for an answer, leader in thinking through and developing necessary materials to close new business. Knows how to sell creatively, not just CPMs and impressions
- Has experience with integrated selling across multiple platforms (e.g. newsletter, website, events)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Presentation skills, both in- person and via sales decks highly desired. Ability to respond creatively in the moment highly desired.
- Understands the value and challenges of selling a start-up brand
- BA/BS required
Email us at [email protected]