Marketing Research Manager
Fatherly’s Advertising Sales Team is seeking an analytical and strategy-minded Marketing Research Manager to help our team evolve the understanding of what it means to be a parent today through proprietary and partner-led research that will help drive new client partnerships and meaningful renewals. This person will use existing knowledge of digital research tools, media math and proven quantitative skills to develop themed stories around Fatherly’s proprietary data, the current and evolving state of today’s parents and how brands can best measure and drive impact. If you’re the kind of person who geeks out over eMarketer reports, Freakonomics episodes and the power of data to yield powerful insights more generally, this role could be a great fit for you.
Fatherly is the leading digital media brand for this next generation of parents. By combining high quality journalism with emotional honesty, Fatherly has been able to capture both sides of the parenting market, provide a differentiated content offering in a crowded space and hone in on a key insight that today’s parents increasingly share responsibilities and purchasing decisions.
Fatherly is backed by BDMI, UTA, WPP, Uncork Capital, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, The Knight Foundation and prominent angels such as Gary Vaynerchuk and the founders of Bleacher Report, among others.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development of the Fatherly IQ insights team, leveraging data to build out studies around key advertiser categories, new white spaces we identify, and publish reports on the issues that will be most impactful to drive partnerships.
- Leverage first and third party data and research tools to create and present analysis for internal and external clients that tell Fatherly’s story to the marketplace and advertiser clients• Support the advertising team both proactively and reactively with research and analytics, including but not limited to audience data, site metrics, marketplace research and internal consumption data.
- Assess Fatherly relative to other media properties within the parenting space and the Millennial male space to develop actionable insights that best positions Fatherly for success
- Create and report on custom media targets based on media briefs and RFPs; help sellers create prospecting tools in pre-sale efforts
- Work collaboratively with the Integrated Marketing team to create marketing collateral and campaign proposals, providing the necessary research to support and sell through marketing ideas
- Measure Fatherly campaign performance, providing insights and actionable recommendations
- Consult with sales and advertiser clients to provide them the context to help optimize Fatherly media plans and branded content creation
What to Bring
- 3+ years of media experience at a fast-paced web publisher, media agency or TV Network
- Proficiency with syndicated media research and analytics tools: comScore, MRI, Nielsen Scarborough, Kantar Market Advisor, Nielsen nPower
- Keen understanding of media planning and media math (reach, frequency, audience composition, coverage, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the digital media ecosystem
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences in Social Sciences, Communications, Mathematics or another related field
- An acute attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, with experience clearly communicating with peers and management, both verbally and in writing
- Strong mathematical skills and an interest in finding stories in the data through in-depth analyses
- Proven team player with the ability to take on different assignments/projects in a timely manner
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Email us at MarketingResearchManager@fatherly.com with more information about you, your qualifications and if you have a public presence on the web you’d like to highlight, please include it as well.