Sales Marketing Manager
The Marketing Manager will be a key member on the Fatherly Sales and Marketing teams, responsible for the pre-sales marketing process including all sales marketing materials, proactive pitches and RFP responses.
The candidate will liaison between Sales, Creative and Editorial, responsible for driving advertising revenue through the creation of custom, integrated marketing proposals that touch editorial content, video, social and events. Winning proposals require best-in-class ideas, succinct marketing plans and thinking that marries our clients’ needs with the strength of Fatherly’s brand and core capabilities.
This individual will be a key player in elevating all marketing materials and working with the creative teams to generate new branded content and original franchise ideas. Marketing materials include presentation decks, case studies, industry reports and product offerings. Finally, this candidate will be responsible for managing our competitive analysis process to ensure that we are developing market-leading ideas.
Fatherly is the leading digital media brand for this next generation of parents. By combining high quality journalism with emotional honesty, Fatherly has been able to capture both sides of the parenting market, provide a differentiated content offering in a crowded space and hone in on a key insight that today’s parents increasingly share responsibilities and purchasing decisions.
Fatherly is backed by BDMI, UTA, WPP, Uncork Capital, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, The Knight Foundation and prominent angels such as Gary Vaynerchuk and the founders of Bleacher Report, among others.
What You’ll Do
- Develop market-leading ideas and proposals for proactive thought starters, RFI’s, and RFPs
- Manage cross-functional collaboration between the Editorial, Sales, Events and Video teams to align on key marketing initiatives and annual calendar
- Aid in the creation of high-level Fatherly brand collateral and media kits
- Develop category level selling materials for key growth areas for the company
- Manage our competitor analysis process
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, where you are amenable to last-minute requests from our clients and internal partners
What to Bring
- 3-4 years of marketing experience at a publisher creating 360 solutions at a media company. Expert at ideation and the art of responding to RFPs.
- Experience developing thoughtful branded content that maintains a brand’s editorial POV while delivering on client goals
- A knack for building show-stopping marketing presentations
- A desire to grow at an industry-leading digital media company as part of a winning Sales team
If you meet the above qualifications AND have worked at a media company please send your resume and briefly introduce yourself via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide any links or clips that showcase relevant work.