East Coast Sales Executive
Fatherly is currently seeking a talented full-time East Coast Sales Executive to add to its roster of sales professionals in its Tribeca, NY headquarters. You will will leverage a proven track record in selling editorial sponsorships and custom branded content deals across owned and operated as well as distributed platforms to accelerate Fatherly’s growth into an industry giant.
You will have a reputation as an inspiring teammate who can work directly with brands and agency decision-makers to consistently achieve results in a rapidly-evolving digital environment.
You do not need to be a parent but you will connect with Fatherly’s mission of empowering men to raise great kids and lead more fulfilling adult lives. You will draw inspiration for Fatherly both as a vehicle of social change and as a generation-defining media brand in which you will play an active role.
Launched in April 2015, Fatherly is the leading digital brand for young parents. In the last year, Fatherly generated over a billion video views, was named Oprah’s favorite website of 2016, and won the 2017 Webby Award for “Best Parenting Site on the Internet”. Fatherly is backed by BDMI, WPP, UTA, Uncork Capital, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, The Knight Foundation and prominent angels such as Gary Vaynerchuk and the founders of Bleacher Report among others.
- Manage the sales cycle from start to finish: prospect, identify relevant contacts, negotiate and secure sales of online advertising and sponsorship programs to premium brands across several Men’s Lifestyle and Parenting Categories (e.g., CPG, Automotive, Financial Services, Pharmaceutical, Travel and Entertainment)
- Develop and maintain a strong rapport with clients and agencies up and down the East Coast
- Serve as an ambassador for the Fatherly brand who can clearly articulate our value proposition to the market
- Deliver advertiser solutions, advertising proposals, partnership programs for clients and agencies
- Be creative in generating new ideas and materials for advertisers
- Analyze campaign performance and provide recommendations for continued ad product development
- Entrepreneurial self-starter w/ experience selling lifestyle brands for a digital media company required; experience selling to male or parenting audience preferred
- Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment. Desire and ability to manage multiple relationships at a time. Team player.
- Motivated, tenacious, and resourceful: works independently, doesn’t take “no” for an answer, leader in thinking through and developing necessary materials to close new business. Knows how to sell creatively, not just CPMs and impressions
- Has experience with integrated selling across multiple platforms (e.g. newsletter, website, events)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Presentation skills, both in- person and via sales decks highly desired. Ability to respond creatively in the moment highly desired.
- Understands the value and challenges of selling a start-up brand
- At least 5 years of digital ad sales experience
- BA/BS required
Reports To: SVP, Sales
How To Apply: Please send your resume along with a brief introduction via email to email@example.com