Fatherly seeks an Illustration Fellow who will be charged with helping the visuals team creatively illustrate stories. The successful candidate will feel comfortable pitching both abstract and literal ideas using rough sketches and executing against those ideas independently.
Fatherly is the leading digital media brand for dads. Our mission is to empower men to raise great kids and lead more fulfilling adult lives. From original video series and deep dive reports to podcasts and events, Fatherly offers original reporting, expert parenting advice, and hard-won insights into a challenging, but profoundly rewarding stage of life.
Fatherly is looking to amp up the impact of its stories by illustrating them in an increasing creative (and perhaps even whimsical) manner. We are a publication that helps adults raise happier, healthier kids, but we are not a publication for kids. As such, we’re looking for illustrators who want to do the sort of work that parents are unlikely to see in competitive publications — work that turns heads.
- Pitch ideas in line with the editorial calendar.
- Generate digital illustrations and infographics based on art direction.
- Take visual lead on a key Fatherly tentpole.
- Strong understanding of general design principles and ability to visualize work from multiple perspectives.
- Ability to work in multiple creative styles.
- Knowledge of image formats and optimization for web.
- Preference will be given to candidates with some experience in both editorial illustration and gif animation.
This is a paid, part-time and remote fellowship running for 12 weeks in Winter/Spring 2021, dates flexible. Students and recent graduates encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send your resume, link to portfolio and a brief introductory cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Illustration Fellow – Name’.