Editorial Video Producer
Fatherly, the essential lifestyle guide for young parents, has an immediate opening for a talented Editorial Video Producer. This candidate will have 3 years experience in digital video, with at least 1 year staff experience at an editorial property. You will have jurisdiction over day to day editorial video development and output, encompassing research, pitches, copyright, and team management. You have an endless supply of ideas and understand the dynamics of what gets people to care and share.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a rising star who is ready for more advanced decision making responsibilities. Your choices will directly impact the development and performance of our video offering, which is currently dominating the men’s interest and parenting landscape, garnering over 1.2B Facebook video views in 2016.
Who We Are:
- Launched in April 2015 by Simon Isaacs and Michael Rothman, one of the founding employees at the Thrillist Media Group, Fatherly is the fastest-growing parenting site on the web, targeting millennials and young Gen Xers who are entering the most inquisitive and acquisitive phase of their life. Fatherly already reaches 75 million people weekly on Facebook, 2.5 million monthly website uniques, and 250,000 daily email subscribers.
- Described by the New York Times as “Buzzfeed meets Vice” for parents, Fatherly focuses on expert-driven, evidenced-based content, with a pantheon of esteemed contributors that include:Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala and her dad, Melinda Gates, Former US Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, & CTO of the United States Megan Smith.
- Fatherly has developed year-long partnerships with a variety of Fortune 500 marketers including Johnson & Johnson, Campbell’s, P&G, Progressive and The United Nations among others. Its Family Albums work with Spotify has been nominated by Digiday as the Best Branded Content Series of 2015-2016. Fatherly’s investors include Lerer Hippeau Ventures (Buzzfeed, Warby Parker), SoftTech (Bleacher Report), The Knight Foundation, Gary Vaynerchuk, and a dozen others.
- Fatherly was nominated for a Webby two times in just its first year as Best Parenting Site on the Internet and has been featured by hundreds of outlets across the country, including: Fortune, Business Insider, New York Times, USA Today, TODAY,Google, Insights, Bloomberg, Adweek, Digiday and PSFK. See more about Fatherly’s explosive 2016 here.
What You Will Do Big Picture:
- Understand and articulate in the Fatherly voice
- Identify shareability in every video produced
- Own performance of editorial video team
- Track innovative and emerging digital video creation and delivery
What You Will Do Day To Day:
- Generate video ideas, research, pitch, develop and see through execution
- Manage editing team, review and approve edits
- Own editorial video output goals
- Create budgets and accurately document/report expenditures
- Manage and coordinate production schedules as needed
- Edit video as needed
- Direct video shoots as needed
What you have:
- Ability to articulate in the Fatherly voice
- At least 1 full year staff employment at editorial property, freelance only experience will not suffice
- At least 2-3 years of experience shooting, producing and editing video
- Dynamic copywriter
- A highly visual digital storyteller
- Must be fluid in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
How To Apply:
Please introduce briefly yourself in the email [email protected] briefly share how your experience meets the responsibilities and qualifications required for the Editorial Video Producer position. Include links to your credited work for the following:
- Writing: 2 copywriting examples, at least one with humor, under 100 words
- Writer: 2 script writing samples for documentary, reportage or explainer videos over 150 words
- Producer/Editor: 2 text driven, audio agnostic editorial videos under 90 seconds in length
- Producer/Editor/Reporter: 2 doc style editorial pieces with soundbites over 60 seconds in length